A weird accident happened to me last Friday eve. I was attempting to adjust an air vent in our downstairs (which are on the ceiling) - with a drum stick, since I'm too short to reach them. The thing dropped right out and smacked me in the face! It hurt, and my first thought was "get a cold cloth on it, you're going to have a black eye." Well, the thing hit my glasses, scratched the lens and my glasses popped a nice cut into my cheek. Thank the Lord that my glasses saved my eye. It's a small but deep cut. Reed was here so he put a butterfly bandage on me. Today I have the bandage off and it's healing nicely. Definitely wasn't bad enough to need stitches.
In other health news......Sonja's dealing with some intense foot pain. We suspect the start of plantar fasciitis. I'm taking her to the Dr. today. She's going to have to take it easy for a few days.
Lastly, my acid reflux has tamed down a LOT. I quit taking the daily low-dose asprin and it really seems to have helped. I still feel some pain after eating CHOCOLATE :( of all things, and foods w/ mint. Sometimes coffee too. But I'm so thankful that it's better!
2 comments:
nice air conditioning vents! they control air flow and fall out unexpectedly on you! Really handy!
Oh my goodness! That's awful! But I'm glad your eye was protected by your glasses.
That's too bad about Sonja, too. I hope she's feeling much better soon.
Post a Comment