Sonja and I had a great day at the 'Life is Beautiful' Walk for Amnion Crisis Pregnancy Center on May 16. Although it was a very windy and cold day, over 300 people walked. I had to dig out a turtleneck and gloves. We dressed in lots of layers. Thankfully the sun was out. There were adults - young and old, kids, strollers, dogs. Before we started we heard from two women who told us how Amnion had blessed helped them. And we saw living proof - their children - one was 15, and one was about 1 1/2. That was the best part of the day. Also, a leader from our church raised the most funds as an individual. I think he's won for many years. He personally raised over $2000. We were so glad to raise $265! The total raised as of that day was $33,000! Amazing! Praise God, especially in these hard times. Thanks again to all of you who supported us in your prayers and with your donations.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Walk for Life
Sonja and I had a great day at the 'Life is Beautiful' Walk for Amnion Crisis Pregnancy Center on May 16. Although it was a very windy and cold day, over 300 people walked. I had to dig out a turtleneck and gloves. We dressed in lots of layers. Thankfully the sun was out. There were adults - young and old, kids, strollers, dogs. Before we started we heard from two women who told us how Amnion had blessed helped them. And we saw living proof - their children - one was 15, and one was about 1 1/2. That was the best part of the day. Also, a leader from our church raised the most funds as an individual. I think he's won for many years. He personally raised over $2000. We were so glad to raise $265! The total raised as of that day was $33,000! Amazing! Praise God, especially in these hard times. Thanks again to all of you who supported us in your prayers and with your donations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment