Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas and best wishes from our house to yours!
Here, the girls are all decked out in their new duds. We had a great sermon Sunday morning- encouragement to ponder and treasure up in our hearts, like Mary did, what the meaning of Christ's life is, and all of His works. After visiting with folks a while at church, we came home and enjoyed a festive meal of turkey, potatoes & gravy, etc. I made a turkey breast (bone-in) in the slow cooker. I got up at 5:45 to season it and put it in the slow cooker, then I went back to bed for a couple hours. It turned out great! It's the first time I've tried this. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've never cooked a whole turkey in my life. This turkey breast was more than enough for us - but great for leftovers for the next couple of days. We've been enjoying our Christmas cookies and treats - many courtesy of my mom!

No comments: