Sunday, August 30, 2009

summer winding down


It's starting to feel like fall. I love the cooler temps and sunshine we've been having!! I'm looking forward to getting back to our school schedule, especially after this crazy August. We've been gone for a month of Saturdays! I finally got to washing the floors yesterday - how exciting. But they needed it!

My poor tomato plants have pretty much failed. They were neglected. Plus I think they didn't have enough hot weather. I've maybe had 20 small ones off of 3 plants. My basil fared pretty well. My mini-bell pepper didn't produce much either. It has 3 peppers on it now. I'm determined to do better next year!

We had a nice weekend at Deer Lake, near Grand Rapids. (see Reed's blog) Took this pic outside the Judy Garland museum. We were too cheap to do the tour. They wanted $7 a head! It didn't look worth it. The photo op was the best part. The girls have read the Oz series. I never read them as a kid.

Reed took Sonja and Selena to the Katie McMahon gig up in Aitkin MN yesterday. A benefit for a cancer patient. I stayed home with Is & M. Reed reported that it was a great show and neat to be a part of it.

Next weekend it's off to Dubuque to a feis!

No comments: