Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birds



We were surprised by lots of bird activity out in our front yard tree this morning. Looking closer, we saw lots of robins! I thought they had been long gone. I guess they don't mind 22 degrees. We had robins, chickadees and yellow finches. Here's a couple pics of a fat robin.

We're anticipating some possibly intense weather, so are waiting to see whether or not we'll get to travel on Christmas or hunker down at home.

2 comments:

Reed said...

MORE PROOF OF CLIMATE CHANGE!

The robins are able to winter here in MN because they like Kwik Trip donuts and now that there are more Kwik Trips they stay all year round.

Or else they are attracted by my accordion playing which reminds them of sunny Mexico where Tejano and Norte music feature the accordion.

Or perhaps it is warmer around our house because of my tube amps?

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Great photos Andrea! I love taking pictures of birds, and Robins are very accommodating because they stay still long enough to actually take their mug shot!

:)
ButterYum