Wednesday, December 9, 2009

snow days - ramblings




Life is very different when you just stay put. Kind of nice. I'd say we got a good 6 inches of snow. Not as much as they forecasted. I don't even think it snowed today. Isabel, Miranda and I ventured out this morning to do some shoveling. It was +9 and windy. Reed had gotten half of the driveway done. I did about 2/3 of what was left. It had drifted quite a bit. We bundled up in our snow gear and lasted about 20 min.

I've gotten lots of 'work' done the last couple days. Stuff for the dance school. Catching up on other things. Made chicken stock today. Tackling a mountain of laundry. planning/calendar work. Practicing for playing in church this Sunday. Miranda made drop biscuits that we enjoyed with our supper tonight. Selena's been a bit under the weather-slight fever. Today she was up and around, but in pj's all day. The girls have all been enjoying making paper snowflakes. I found a really cool website that has patterns. www.papersnowflakes.com

It's +2 out now. Have enjoyed seeing a friends blog with pics of Spain. Looks nice and warm there!

We had a nice, but quick trip to Duluth last Friday. Sonja & Selena danced w/ the corda mor troupe with Katie McMahon. Once more this Sat night in St Paul. It's a nice concert. Hopefully I'll take some pics this weekend to post. All four danced last Sun eve w/ corda mor at a fundraiser.

No comments: