Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election judge experience

Well, I survived getting up at 5am. Reed made me breakfast, then went back to bed. There were about 14 of us working at our precinct. The first hour and a half was very busy. Then it quieted down into a steady trickle of voters. I was a ballot judge - had to initial LOTS of ballots, and hand them out to registered voters. Not the most exciting job but the time actually went by pretty fast. The other people working were very nice and we were able to chat during down times. I got to leave at 2pm. I'm sure it was going to pick up again around 4:30 or so.

I think next time I'll work the 2pm to close shift. I had to take a nap when I got home. I'm definitely not a morning person.

It was neat to be a part of the process. From what I can gather, election judges are always needed, so check into it. You can get info from your city clerk - either call them or look up the city clerk's office on your city website. It's a good service to be involved in.

No comments: